Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Gypsy Wagon





My next project is a gypsy wagon complete with the horse to pull it. The inside will be livable, and have all the amenities one would need to make life comfortable.
I have been trying to get back to this project for some time, and now it seems is the time.
I bought a wagon but it was not really a very good item. So first off I had to remove everything. In otherwards do some kit bashing, even if it was all together to begin with. I kept the bottom and roof to the wagon, but replaced the sides. I opened up where the windows will go, and sanded down all the ruff edges on the bottom. Next I have glued the flooring in and the sides are up. The top will be hinged, so I can open it up when I need too.
I will be picking out wall paper, and paint. I have a couple of things I'm waiting for to add to the outside.
The end where the door is will have coach lights {how cool is that?} There will be lights inside and all run off batteries. I have to create a bed box where the batteries will hide, and also make sleeping space for the resident gypsy.
It's going to be a lot of fun getting everything collected for this project. I will be writing a story to go with, so... I have to get some things done.
And I'm off and running.....

No comments: