Sunday, September 26, 2010

Windsor Castle & Hampton Court


























On Saturday morning I went on tour to Windsor castle, where I got to see Queen Mary's dollhouse. I've seen pictures of it before but this was actually looking at it. It was made up of pieces by the actual authors and creators of the large size pieces. What I had not seen before was the garden at the lower section of the dollhouse. That was really something. Of course every part of the dollhouse was special to see. It was all behind glass, and taking pictures through glass meant dealing with glare from your flash, or the low light it was highlighted in. So most of what I took is not really good enough to show you so you can see it well.
  The rest of Windsor however did turn out well enough to view.

Then there was the afternoon and Hampton court. I have to say I loved Hampton court. Not the William and Mary part of it but the old Tudor part. I was in some of the areas where not a lot of people got to go, due to my embroidery classes at Hampton Court.
  So here I am sitting in a window alcove.

And there are 161 other pictures I took at Hampton court. I don't think I'll get them all uploaded here. lol. Not today at least.

No comments: