Follow by Email

Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Gypsy Wagon

My next project is a gypsy wagon complete with the horse to pull it. The inside will be livable, and have all the amenities one would need to make life comfortable.
I have been trying to get back to this project for some time, and now it seems is the time.
I bought a wagon but it was not really a very good item. So first off I had to remove everything. In otherwards do some kit bashing, even if it was all together to begin with. I kept the bottom and roof to the wagon, but replaced the sides. I opened up where the windows will go, and sanded down all the ruff edges on the bottom. Next I have glued the flooring in and the sides are up. The top will be hinged, so I can open it up when I need too.
I will be picking out wall paper, and paint. I have a couple of things I'm waiting for to add to the outside.
The end where the door is will have coach lights {how cool is that?} There will be lights inside and all run off batteries. I have to create a bed box where the batteries will hide, and also make sleeping space for the resident gypsy.
It's going to be a lot of fun getting everything collected for this project. I will be writing a story to go with, so... I have to get some things done.
And I'm off and running.....

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Close ups details of Henry the 8th Book Box

The title says it all, I wanted to show off some of the details better, so have added close ups.
The ceiling is really special and so Tudor, you wouldn't know it was made up of left overs from another project.  I also wanted to show off that gown a bit better, it's so full of details one can miss it if you didn't know what you were looking at.
  The room as a whole did turn out nice, didn't it?{G}

Friday, February 20, 2009

Henry The 8th Book Box

  It has taken me some time to finish this scene. I like to make sure before I go ahead and make something that what I am making will work. I Found this box that is made up of a couple of wooden books. Titles were William Shakespeare's works, so it had to be made into a Tudor room. At first I wanted to do a bedroom, however, the bed I got was so large it took up the whole room! That was not going to work, so then I started trying to figure out what would look nice.
  The room is now done but for a couple of other items to go in the room. For the most part, what you see is the finished room. It turned out so cool, I couldn't wait to finish it, and share with you.
  So here is it.... my Tudor room.