Monday, February 17, 2014

A Knot garden

I have been working on something that I left off doing a few years ago. So I decided it was time to get back to it and finish it. I love gardens, and knot gardens are a favorite of mine. When I found a book on how to make a knot garden in a shadowbox I decided it was something I wanted to try. This is not complete, but it is far enough along now to show you the work in progress.


I still have the corners to do, but the brick walls and door were finished a few years ago. In the center is a pond made from a slice of agate. I still have to add the spray from the fountain. There will be vines climbing the walls as well.



I think this is pretty unique, and will be doing a few more. I want to try a winter garden. So I am finishing this one and doing some canning as well. Trying to stay warm up here in the frozen north, and looking for spring. I've had enough of winter.

No comments: