Monday, November 10, 2008

3ed floor and it's not ladies apparel






Up to the third floor now, and have finished with laying the wood floor strips and it's sanded  and ready to stain. I'm trying to decide between dark walnut or red mahogany. The stairs are the dark color, so may have to do that to make it look right. First floor is the red color, and I like it a lot.
  I have picked out a nice green wallpaper for the bedroom, and a white flocked for the hall/room and a nice flowered blue stripe for the bathroom. As soon as I'm finished with the floor and the varnish is dry I'll paper. Then I have to look for lights for the ceiling in all three rooms. I'll also need lights for the second floor, so I know what I'll be looking for and buying next month.
  I never expected to get this far on this old doll house, but I am really coming along on it as well.
The front door design really did make the front of the house. Lawbrey has such wonderful designs, and she helped figure out just what would look nice and would work. The flat roof and the pillars as perfect for the door design and carries it over well. I also have a couple of short pillars and urns to fill with flowers and vines that will sit next to the steps. I will need to get a piece of plywood that will be the base for this house and the small amount of landscaping I will get to do around the house. That will make it easier to handle and add the landscaping.
  The laser cut pieces over the balcony really add a nice touch and I love the look even if it doesn't carry over the simple classic look of the front door. However I would not be surprised to find just this sort of thing in the old south, so I'm not going to worry about it, and just enjoy the look and "feel" of it all.
  With these two additional parts of the old dollhouse restored to order and a completely new design and look, I think I like the old place even better then before. It has a feel to it now that wasn't there before. The green color is certainly a lot better then the old yellow I had used. And white trim really makes it pop. The new windows and doors go a long way as well. Not to mention having the inside nearly finished and so much more there as well, between the paper, stained  hardwood floors and the stairs actually in place, it really does feel like a new house. I am putting in all new lighting as well, which will really add up to a finished look.
  Then I will have to fix a plexy glass cover for the back of the house to keep a certain black inquisitive feline out of the house, because he will surely think it was made just for him, and invade the premises. I would hate to think where the pieces would end up as I still  haven't  found the little black cat he took from the ballroom scene. Like certain black crows I know he's got a stash of things somewhere I just haven't found where yet.
Anyway, as you can see I will be ready to move in soon. And that makes my day!

No comments: