Sunday, November 16, 2008

Finishing the third floor







 
One of the things I like about the old dollhouse are the changes I've made. And the best is the round banister and half circle opening over the stairwells. While it wasn't easy to complete this, I am glad I persevered. The hard wood floors really make a difference. I used a vinyl tile type thing before, but I didn't really like it. The wall paper, and the color of the outside of the house are really good choices. The porch is a very big change, and I really like it. The balcony with it's new design trim is perfect, and so much more stylish. The doors and windows are better choices. While I know it will never look perfect, due to being smashed up, I am pleased with the way it has come back together, and I think it's worth the effort. There will always only be one first dollhouse. So I wish to preserve mine, even if it's not perfect. It certainly looks better the way it's turning out now, and looks like what I wanted in the first place.
  Before I put furniture into the house, after I'm done {and I still have the attic to do, and it's being redone as well.} I will have to cut a piece of plexy glass to cover the back, and keep that black furry hurricane out of the dollhouse.

No comments: