Follow by Email

Sunday, October 26, 2008

And on to the Second floor






As the pictures show, this dollhouse had seen some pretty bad bashing and crashing durning the last move.  I really didn't think I'd be able to put it back together again. It's seen some ruff times, and showed it in places. I did how ever open up the windows and replace some bad spots in the siding. Gluing it back together was a nightmare, but as you can see it's been glued down onto the second floor. It's been sanded as best as I could get it, and is now ready to paint, and glue the windows in.
  As I am waiting for some components for the front porch, that is not done yet. I'll go back to it when they come in and finish it.
For now I can paint the outside, and windows and doors. Lay a new floor for the second floor, stain and varnish that. Varnish the stairs and set them in place. I will also spend some time doing the floor and ceiling molding, and miter cutting the moulding around windows and doors.
  I also have to choose the wallpaper for the second floor music room and library. At least it has a working french door now, which is what I wanted in the first place.
  I have to work on the curving staircase that runs from the second to the third floor. The one on the first floor was one I finally got put together, even with a wood banister. It wasn't perfect, but it fits the dollhouse, and works. It was also a lot of work getting it together. I have to varnish it then I can put it into place at long last. I'm glad I got the papering done first.
Well, one thing about building dollhouses etc. It is truly a labor of love. You do a little, then you wait, then you do a little more and then you wait again. As I'm not good at waiting on anything, I usually go back to my sewing, and complete a doll dress before I get back to the house. It works out quite well, actually.
  So painting today, and doll dresses tonight.

No comments: